There are many different products that are well suited to being sold online. When choosing a product to sell online, consider:
- Postage – how easy will your products be to send? What postage methods are available?
- Competition – how many sellers are already selling this product online? Do you have a unique way you can offer your product or some point of difference that would make customer buy it from you? Is there a different way you could use or bundle your product with something else that you sell?
- What is the buying process? How much convincing would customers need to buy this product online? What factors would influence their decision?
- Costs – what will the product cost you to purchase? Do you have to import this product or can you buy it locally? How available is the product at suppliers?
- Suppliers – will you send products to customers directly from the supplier (drop shipping) or hold stock and send out the items?
You want to find a product that has a high profit, good turnover, low cost and is easy to ship to end customers.
For more information visit: https://ozcartecommerce.com/ecommerce/starting-an-online-business-in-australia